The move to the new server is underway, and although DNS propagation is a bit sketchy, everything seems to be working pretty well, with one exception.
I used the very cool Typemover plugin to speed things along, and although it did its job, somehow trackbacks have become decoupled from their associated entries. I can see the entry list fine, and the trackback list is still there, but it looks like the key field between the tables has gone kablooie, since no entries have the associated trackbacks against them.
Does anyone have any ideas how to fix it? If it involves messing with the database, I’m prepared to do so, but my SQL is rusty at best.
[Update : OK, so what I think I need is an Update statement that will fix the 'trackback_entry_id' field in the 'mt_trackback' table (which begins with 413 and ranges upward) to match up with the 'entry_id' fields in the 'mt_entry' table (which begins at 1 and ranges upward), if that is indeed the correct key relationship. Unfortunately, I don't know what if any other dependencies may exist, so I'm hesitant to go in and try it myself. It's probably just that, but if there's anyone out there with a more detailed knowledge of the data structure, I love some guidance. Also, like I said, my SQL syntax is rustier than hell. Anyone?]
Any suggestions would be appreciated, as would any reports of general site-move weirdness.
[Update the second: the move seems to have gone off without a hitch, other than the trackbacks issue. I'm in codemode at the moment, messing around under the hood and designing the sites for some new projects, so please let me know if something's broken here. Thanks again.]
[Updated update: I've switched over to the very cool Feedburner for my XMLery. It should just work seamlessly; I've updated the autodiscovery code and am redirecting requests for the old Atom, RSS 1.0 and 2.0 feeds. This post will be the last one that updates those files, so you may need to switch if the ol' bottle starts to seem even quieter than usual. This is the feed URI now if you want to hop on to that manually.
Bloglines is the only service that seems to have hiccupped so far, near as I can tell, but that may just be temporary. I'll be feedburnerizing the Coasters sidebar linkblog too, soon. [Update to the updated update: done! I also redesigned the index page, finally]. As always, bug reports are welcomed.]